Invisalign® at Sage Dentistry of Arvada
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary short-term orthodontic alternative to metal braces. It is the invisible way to improve the alignment of your smile. Family and Implant Dentistry of Arvada is an Invisalign provider and will help you straighten your teeth in a convenient and comfortable way.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
One of the most impressive features of Invisalign aligners is they are made of nearly invisible plastic. Wearing them to work and school is not a problem because most people will not notice you are wearing them. You can straighten your teeth without the appearance of braces or wires.
Another convenient feature of Invisalign is that you can remove your aligners for eating, brushing, flossing, or special occasions. It is much easier to maintain healthy teeth and gums when there is nothing for your food to get stuck in or for plaque to hide behind.
Aside from a better appearance and convenience, Invisalign aligners offer a comfortable alternative to metal braces which can cause pain or discomfort. Smooth plastic aligners, that are custom made for you, apply gentle and gradual pressure to shift your teeth into proper alignment.
Which Alignment Issues Can be Treated with Invisalign?
You may be wondering if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. Well, there is a very good chance that your alignment issue can be successfully treated with Invisalign. Some of the most common problems that Invisalign can correct are:
● Gapped Teeth – Spacing issues are not only unattractive, they can lead to gum problems and increased risk of periodontal disease.
● Overbite – When the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth, it can cause bite problems, jaw pain, excessive wear on the bottom teeth, and gum irritation.
● Underbite – When the lower teeth protrude past the upper front teeth, it prevents the normal function of the front teeth, leading to tooth wear and jaw pain.
● Crossbite – When the upper and lower jaw are both misaligned, it causes excessive tooth wear, gum disease, and even bone loss.
● Open Bite – When some teeth are unable to make contact with the opposing teeth for a proper bite, it can cause difficulty speaking and chewing food. It can even lead to TMJ disorder.
● Crowded Teeth – When teeth do not fit in the jaw, crowded teeth become crooked and difficult to keep clean. This can lead to tooth decay and a higher risk of gum disease.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom-made aligners instead of metal braces and wires. The aligners that you wear over your teeth every day are made of comfortable and invisible plastic. They gently and gradually shift your teeth into place, according to the plan you and Dr. Pollack or Dr. Phan make together. You will change to a new aligner every two weeks until treatment is complete. The length of your treatment will depend on your specific alignment needs.
What is the Treatment Process?
First, you will schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollack or Dr. Phan at Family and Implant Dentistry of Arvada. Together, you will discuss your specific needs and expectations, developing a customized treatment plan. Your virtual treatment plan will even give you a preview of how your straighter teeth will look! You will then wear your aligners for at least 22 hours every day (taking them out to eat and care for your teeth), switching them out every two weeks for a new set of aligners until your treatment is complete. The final step of the treatment process is to show off your new smile!
I am Ready for a Straighter Smile!
If you are ready to make a change to improve your appearance as well as your oral health, contact Family and Implant Dentistry of Arvada. Call 303-940-1910 or schedule an appointment for your complimentary consultation online.